Curlers without unlimited playing privileges can spare at $20 per game unless the fee is waived per the curler’s membership level. Fee is payable to league coordinator.
The drop-in fee for non-leagues (i.e. Tuesday Matinee, Wednesday Daytime, or Saturday Breakfast) for curlers without unlimited playing privileges is $20 per game unless the fee is waived per the curler’s membership level. Fee is payable to league coordinator.
It is in the club’s interest to allow non-members and members without unlimited playing privileges to spare in leagues. Some prominent reasons include the following:
- It gives an experienced curler new to the club the chance to test us out, especially if he/she arrives to the area mid-season;
- It gives new curlers a chance to try us out without having to make a significant financial commitment before they are more certain;
- It encourages visiting players to spread a positive reputation which can lead to more outreach from players who may be moving to the area, or considering participating in an event;
- It helps an experienced curler stay connected by being able to play occasionally during a season when he/she cannot commit to a regular membership (ex. adapting to a shift in work or family obligations, or dealing with an injury.)
Citizenship in the broader curling community:
- It supports our legacy as a product of world curling federation funding to have open doors to visiting curlers;
This policy codifies current practice and past precedent of allowing both members and non-members to spare in all leagues. A spare may still though need to meet other prerequisites of a particular league such as experience level and frequency, and may be limited in playing position.
Approved by the Board of Directors March 8, 2015