How to Join the Potomac Curling Club
Now that you are hooked on curling, it’s time to join the Potomac Curling Club to reap all the rewards of being a member! There are lots of things a new member should consider, membership options, leagues, communications, and more. We have a checklist of items that you, the (potential) new member, really should consider.
- Explore membership levels available (below) and league offerings.
- Adult Membership Registration is closed for this season. Please check back in the fall. Click here for the Junior/Middle Rockers Membership Form.
- Sign up for leagues (Accessible after you’ve filled out your membership form!)
- If you’ve signed up for leagues, watch your inbox for league updates from your league coordinator(s)
- Once the club processes your membership form, you will be placed on a PCC Members mailing list to receive periodic official club emails
- Periodically browse www.curldc.org to find out about club happenings
- Familiarize yourself with USCA rules and curling etiquette.
- Consider signing up for training and clinics offered by the club.
- Have fun, enjoy, and consider volunteering at club events.
Don’t forget that we have special discounted rates for new (Rookie) curlers!
Membership Categories Explained
|Introductory Adult – 1st half||A beginner who joined the club during the Spring 2015 Curling 101 or is joining for the 1st time during the Fall of 2015. Includes a half season of play.||$150.00|
|Introductory Adult – 2nd half||A beginner who joined the club during the spring of 2015, excluding Curling 101 members. Includes a half season of play.||$185.00|
|Full Adult Member (Full Season)||Full season access to all leagues, practice ice, club events, and are USCA/GNCC/USWCA (women only) members.||$490.00|
|Full Adult Member (Half Season)||Half season access to all leagues, practice ice, club events, and are USCA/GNCC/USWCA (women only) members.||$245.00|
|Full-time Student||Full member at a reduced rate. Class registration information must be provided to the Treasurer.||$330.00|
|Reciprocal Member||USCA/GNCC/USWCA (women only) dues are paid at another club. This membership receives ice privileges and may join one PCC league.||$225.00|
|Junior in Leagues||Under 21 on June 30, 2015. May join leagues that have no age restriction and the Youth Program. Must have at least 1 parent or guardian with at least a Parent Membership.||$160.00|
|Junior or Middle Rocker Program Only||Under 21 on June 30, 2015. May only participate in the Youth Program. Must have at least 1 parent or guardian with at least a Parent Membership.||$65.00|
|Parent Member||The parent membership is required for non-curling parents and guardians of Junior and Middle Rocker Curlers. Does not include ice privileges. Not eligible for USCA/GNCC/USWCA memberships.||$20.00|
|Social Member||Access to all off-ice events and activities. Not eligible for USCA/GNCC/USWCA (women only) memberships. May spare in leagues for $20.00 per game.||$55.00|
|Daytime Member||Member who may participate in daytime programs and use practice ice and includes USCA/GNCC/USWCA (women only) membership. May spare in leagues for $20.00 per game.||$175.00|