- Skill Type/Atmosphere: Social
- When: Saturdays, 1 draw (12:00pm)
- Coordinator: James Mikulec
- Commitment: Half-season
- Who can sign-up: Individuals, Pairs, Teams
- League coordinator will help facilitate individuals finding a team
- No cap on number of teams
- Play is self-scheduled through the league coordinator with play-offs each half season (flex schedule)
This league has a relaxed atmosphere, and is classified as “social” only so that everyone, including new curlers, can participate. But the league is intended for teams of all levels, from beginner teams, to 5-&-under teams, to playdowns-level teams. The league employs a “Flex Schedule”, which is especially convenient for teams who are often out of town for bonspiels or playdowns. Each week, the team captains let the coordinator know of their teams’ availability and which teams they would prefer to play against. The coordinator creates matchups based on team preferences, creating even matchups, and minimizing repeats. Teams earn 3 points for a win and 1 point for a loss. At the end of each half, the top two point-earning teams play in the championship match.
All Saturday Afternoon League teams also qualify to participate in the Team Ladder, so strong teams who don’t play often may still have a shot at a championship at the end of the season.
The league also offers curling in the WCF Mixed Doubles format, but does not require that teams be mixed.