It appears as if your browser is not displaying the |
Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) information properly.
CSS Drop Down Menu by PureCSSMenu.com
The BIG Spiel
January 20th - 22nd, 2012
Due to two newly found teams, the draw has been revised (1/18/12)
There are two ways to enter the BIG spiel:
1. Form a team
- We've revamped the team formation rules for this year to accomodate our membership better. You should find it is much easier to build a team than in previous years.
- Any four members of the PCC can form a team, with no gender or age restrictions
- In order to give our less experienced curlers a chance to play with some of our more experienced members, we have one team formation rule in place: For every curler on the team with MORE than five years experience, there must be a curler with THREE OR LESS years of experience.
- So, for an example, a team of four fifth year curlers can play together. A team with a 20 year experienced skip can enter, so long as one of the other three curlers is in their first, 2nd, or 3rd season of experience. A team with a 20 year experienced skip and a 14 year experienced vice can enter, so long as they have their front end both three years or under.
- GNCC experience rules apply. Ten scheduled games or more in a winter constitutes a season. Years spent in Junior curling count, but years spent in Middle Rockers do not. Years spent with other clubs do count.
- The goal of this rule is not to keep established teams from playing, but to encourage new team formation.
- If you have any questions regarding your team formation and it's eligibility, ask the coordinators for guidance
2. Use the Matchmaking service
- If you cannot form a full team, or if you just want to try playing with some new folks, you can enter as an individual or incomplete team
- Indicate how much experience you have, and what positions you're interested in playing at
- If you are a couple that wants to curl together, with two other club members, that's fine, indicate that you want to be paired together.
- The coordinator will match teams together, with intent to meet the same rules as above, and to form competitive teams
- Experienced curlers are *very* helpful in this process. If you're an experienced curler and are willing to Skip or Vice for some of our newer members, please let the coordinator know.
- Individual entry fee is $15 (per curler), payable via check to PCC or via the paypal interface off the website.
In case you might have questions, our coordinator for this event is:
Alan MacNeill and
This page was last modified: Wed Jan 18 2012 12:30 PM. Eastern Time
Send email to the Webmaster with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Potomac Curling Club, All Rights Reserved.
501(c)(3) Sports Education Foundation