It appears as if your browser is not displaying the |
Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) information properly.
CSS Drop Down Menu by PureCSSMenu.com
2008, Fourth annual, BIG Spiel
Our "BIG Spiel" is
just around the corner, played on
December 11-14. Registration for the event begins today (Nov. 29), and ends
Monday December 8, so please begin the mad rush to form your
teams... Hurry!... Hard!!
- This is by far the most accessible
spiel of the season.
- It is
at our club.
- Very affordable - just $60 per
- Convenient schedule
- One Thursday night or Friday night draw for your team (take your
pick), all day Saturday, plus event finals on Sunday morning.
- 3-game guarantee, 3
- There are no daytime draws on Thursday or Friday, so no one will have
to take off of work (or school) to participate.
- Great food, including snacks after every draw, a Deluxe BIG Breakfast on Saturday
Morning, Pizza on Saturday Afternoon, and a BIG Potluck Dinner
- Fun entertainment, including:
- A Wii Tournament with
mystery prize - Game still to be determined. Please contact the coordinatoar with suggestions for games that are short and intuitive. Last year we had over 30 people involved with the tournament.
- A Holiday Party Saturday
night with Potluck Dinner & Gift-Exchange
- A Pick-The-Winners 50-50 Raffle
Game where participants predict the outcomes of the 2nd- and 3rd-event
semifinals Saturday night
- BIG Pins (yes, they are very
BIG) for event finalists
- First-Event Winners displayed
for all time on The BIG Plaque, built by Barry Nichols
Who can Participate?
ALL MEMBERS! Regular, Junior, Reciprocal, Life, Social, etc. The
Spiel is designed specifically to include everyone in the club, and
to give ourselves an excuse to have a weekend-long BIG party! Yet
another goal of the spiel is to get people who don't normally play
together to do so, so there are...
Team-Formation Rules (please reference the roster that Ann Drummie provided via email for help figuring out who can play in each category).
How to Enter
Each team must have:
least one 1-&-under player (started curling last season or this season)
- At least one 3-&-under player
(started curling 05-06 season or later, including all Olympic players)
- At least one Male
- At least one Female
- At least one Non-Junior
- EXCEPTION: Same sex teams will be permitted, however they will be penalized one point in every game they play - designated by hanging one point for the opposition using the 10th end tag prior to scoring the 1st end. Hammer is not affected by this handicap.
- An entry form up on the website
forms from the warm room
- Email the coordinator, FL Ettlin to let her know to expect your entry
enter, please put your entry form and check into a sealed envelope,
and place it into the "Leagues" mailbox (bottom center
in the mailbox
system under The BIG Plaque).
- Choose a BIG team name (but not too big because the webmaster is lazy and doesn't want to type any more than necessary and besides it's just got to fit on the page)
Should you have any questions,
please let the coordinator of the event FL Ettlin know, and she'll be happy to help you out. We'll see you
at The BIG Spiel!
This page was last modified: Wed Mar 9 2011 7:44 AM. Eastern Time
Send email to the Webmaster with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2000 - 2015 Potomac Curling Club, All Rights Reserved.
501(c)(3) Sports Education Foundation